There is an urgent need for schools and families to put greater emphasis on character formation in terms of addressing issues on pornography, teenage pregnancy, peer pressure, relationships, identity confusion, and human sexuality.
We believe that everyone committed to forming men and women of character should hear Jason Evert’s message at the Love #NoFilter Conference for it is undeniable that we live in a highly-sexualized world and a lot is at stake.
Consider the following:
- For the 4th time, the Philippines has consistently topped the world in terms of most time spent watching pornography. Several studies have shown that porn addiction warps one’s view of women and sex, causes health risks such as erectile dysfunction, encourages social isolation, increases the tendency of depression, induces violence, and destroys families and marriages.
- Those who are addicted to porn have a higher tendency to be engaged in premarital sex. And those who become sexually active before marriage have a higher tendency to be divorced. According to the journal Adolescent and Family Health, “Those who have premarital sex are more likely to have extramarital sex-and extramarital sex contributes to a lot of divorces.
- In the Philippines, 7 % of teenage girls have already given birth at least once, this is higher than the average in Southeast Asia. Young girls who get pregnant at a young age are also less likely to finish primary education and go to college.
- In 2018, 32 people are diagnosed with HIV-AIDS every single day. Compare that to 2 daily new cases recorded in 2008, 13 in 2013, and 22 in 2015. What is even more alarming is that the new cases of infection are from teenagers and young adults aged 15 to 24 years old – mostly due to male-to-male sexual intercourse.
- Teenage girls are also at risk. Various studies have shown that girls who are sexually active are more than 3 times more likely to be depressed compared to abstinent girls. Even if a girl experiments with sex once, research is showing us that she could feel more depressed. Sexually active girls from 12 to 16 years old are also 6 times more likely to commit suicide compared to chaste ones. Sexually teenage boys, on the other hand, are twice as likely to struggle with depression and 8 times more likely to attempt suicide.
- Research also tells us that sexual activity is detrimental to academic achievement in both boys and girls. Abstinent teens don’t have many distractions and emotional turmoil, making them more disciplined and focused.
There is Hope
There are more statistics we can cite to underscore the importance of forming young people in chastity, but more than alarming facts, we want you to realize that there is hope.
Young people still long for real and authentic love that lasts, the one that would make them truly happy. Young people still trust the guidance of their parents and teachers. Young people still need you.
For this reason, we are so passionate about sharing this advocacy with you. Join us in this mission by making sure your students, young adults, parents, and educators hear Jason’s inspiring message on May 25.
We have made the ticket prices affordable for students (at PHP 150/session) and even non-students (PHP 300/session). We also have ALL-DAY access tickets for those who wish to have the whole day experience with Jason Evert:
- PHP 400 for students
- PHP 700 for non-students
For every 50 tickets bought, we are also giving away 10 additional tickets for free. We have bulk order packages for schools, churches, and other organizations who wish to maximize the impact of the seminar by sending more people.
If you are a school administrator, parish worker, or a seminarian, you can also take advantage of the FREE SPECIAL SESSION with the speaker on May 23 (Thursday) at St. Therese Church (across NAIA 3) for the following core groups:
- 1 pm – 3 pm is for Parish Workers & School Administrators (Director, Principal, Officers)
- 3 pm -5 pm is for Priests, Seminarians and Religious
You may buy individual tickets from any TicketNet Outlets or www.lovenofilter.com. For bulk orders, drop a message through the Messenger button you’ll see on the lower right corner of the screen.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 928 5956 local 106.
We look forward to seeing you on the 25th!
BERNZ ORDONEZ CAASI
Educator | Speaker | Mentor
PAREF Northfield School for Boys